Los Lunas Recycling Program
The Village of Los Lunas Recycling Program began in 1993. With time and with dedicated staff, the community now has access to a State registered drop-off recycling center located just north of the Fred Luna Multigenerational Center on Don Pasqual Road. The physical address is 315 Don Pasqual Rd.
The Solid Waste Division Management Recycling Goals:
- Goal: To provide a safe, economical and uninterrupted recycling service to all residents within the community.
- Goal: To expanding the recycling efforts (source reduction) in support of protecting our natural resources and environment while reducing landfill costs and generating revenue from recyclable materials.
- Goal: To provide onsite cardboard pickup service to local commercial business intended to capture and divert as much old corrugated cardboard (OCC) prior to entering the solid waste stream.
Material that is received at the recycling center or commercial business routes is collected and taken to the transfer station where it is baled and stored until picked up from an in-state processing facility.
The Recycling Center accepts the following materials:
- Cardboard (No chipboard/wax board)
- Plastic (#1 and #2 only)
- White goods (i.e. washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters, refrigerators)
- Glass: collected everyday with designated bins for collection.
- Paints will be accepted at the transfer station with prior approval from the Solid Waste office.
- Oils will be accepted at the transfer station with prior approval from the Solid Waste office.
- No plastic bags allowed in the recycling bin.
Please contact the Village's Recycle Operator, William Minier at firstname.lastname@example.org for any items not listed above that you wish to recycle or click on the links provided for information on additional recycling vendors.