Solid Waste Division
The Village of Los Lunas Solid Waste Division will be implementing the following policies for residential trash pickups:
- All solid waste refuse trucks are equipped with cameras and GPS monitoring systems.
- All drivers will document any issues with any trash bins within their route.
- All trash bins must be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of pickup.
- Please do not block or place your trash bin in the proximity of any mailboxes, vehicles, or fences. The trash bin must have a clearance of 4 ft. in any direction.
- If there are multiple trash bins at one residence, please separate them with a minimum of 2-3 ft. separation from each other.
- DO NOT pile trash; up against, around, or on the top of the trash bin.
- At the driver’s discretion, any overloaded or heavy trash bin may result from the operator failing to dump. Drivers will take photos and notes of the occurrence for any future reference.
Prohibited items include the following:
- Motor oil
- Hazardous waste
Failure to abide by these policies could result in a trash bin not dumped on the scheduled day of pickup. To return within the same week an additional fee will be accessed to the account.
Damaged trash bins shall result in the operator moving past the unit. Please call the Village of Los Lunas Solid Waste Division to report a damaged trash can and request a replacement.
If you have questions or concerns and would like additional information about our services call:
Village of Los Lunas Solid Waste Division Office:
Monday thru Friday, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
(505) 839-5658 or visit us online at www.loslunasnm.gov.
The Solid Waste Division offers convenient, sanitary collection and disposal of solid waste for Village of Los Lunas residents. We manage and offer a residential drop-off recycling center, onsite commercial business cardboard pickup, special pickups, recycling events and community cleanups.
The focus of the recycling initiative is to ensure the Village seizes both the environmental and economic benefits of recycling, include, the preservation of natural resources and protecting the quality of air, soil, and groundwater. The division tracks the solid waste collected through its transfer station and recycling efforts. This data is submitted to the New Mexico Environmental Department thru a required annual report.
Our team provides once (1) a week residential curbside collection and up to seven (7) days a week commercial solid waste collection and disposal. Note: March 1, 2024 - commercial goes to six (6) days a week (Monday - Saturday). All personnel maintain commercial driver’s licenses and cross trained in the operation of various refuse equipment to maximize daily workload efficiency.