Museum of Heritage and Arts currently open at 25% Capacity
The museum is now open at 25% capacity. We do kindly ask you to comply with covid-19 safety regulations by wearing a face mask, complying with a temperature check, as well as signing in to our guest book. If you'd like to reserve a private viewing please call the museum for more information.
Presenting the Los Lunas Museum's 2019 Juried Art Show Winner's Exhibit. Winner Marilyn Drake was awarded her own private show. The Los Lunas juried Art Show is virtual this year due to COVID. Enjoy her work.
SPREADING ART & HISTORY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE
The Los Lunas Museum of Heritage and Arts hosted an online art contest, “The Conform Project: Creating a Historical Art Piece While in Quarantine,” from home.
The winners for the Conform Project are:
• First Place: “Resilience” by Jeremiah Bahe, of Mentmore, N.M.
• Second Place: “Isolation/Depression” by Wayne Bodmer, of Rio Rancho
• Third Place: “Life in Radiology” by Jenna Pressley, of Advance, Ind.
Three People’s Choice winners:
• “Thank You For Saving my Life” by Gerardo Castro, of Los Lunas
• “First Responder, COVID-19 Prayers” by Amaris Avila, of Belen
• “Wash Your Hands” by Julia Rangel, of Los Lunas.
Prizes included gift cards, such as $100 for first place, $75 for second, $50 for third, and $25 for most Facebook likes.
All entries are displayed on the museum’s Facebook page.
The judges of the contest were the staff of the Valencia County News-Bulletin, Brent Thomas, an art teacher at Valencia High School; Carrie Ryan, a teacher at Los Lunas High School; and Doris Karney, a local gallery owner.
The Los Lunas Museum of Heritage and Arts will hold an exhibit of all the COVID-19 art submissions at the beginning of 2021.
More than 145 artists submitted their work, including from TACL students.